March 14, 2011

Meeting the oldest member

How time flies and already it is 5 March. As you can recall, when I came here two weeks earlier to meet the Senior Section members, they have invited me to come today to practice TTC and join in a "makan makan" session together. The word "makan" is in the Malay language and it simply mean "to eat".

I am glad to be back to see them, always with a smile for me. After the practice, I took the opportunity to take a photo with the oldest member of the group. She is none other that Madam Chong Kon Moi who is 84 years old. She started TTC since the start of the Senior Section about six years ago. Since then, she has been faithfully attending practice sessions every Saturday morning, from 6 to 7 am. Madam Chong will be going for a holiday to South Korea on 15 March with three other members. I like to wish her "Happy Holiday. Enjoy yourself"

Then, it was time for "makan makan". There were plenty of food to be shared. These food were prepared by the members themselves. I enjoyed the food and also the company of the senior members. I am glad that they are healthy. All their hard work are now paying good dividends as they are now enjoying the health benefits of practicing Taoist tai Chi.

No comments:

Post a Comment